522 Middleborough Road, Blackburn North
Life Connections Journey Together Christy Counselling Service
- Daily Living Skills
- Health and Well-being
- Improved Relationships
- Increased Social and Community Participation
- ACA Member
- Medibank, Bupa, Police Health Fund Recognised Provider of Counselling Services
- NDIS Recognised Counsellor
I have been working as a counsellor for over 10 years since 2008 and have been working with NDIA and NDIS for the past 4 years helping clients with mild and moderate disabilities to understand and assist them to manage their emotions and interpersonal skills, and provide counselling for their carers. I strongly believe effective results can only be achieved when both disability persons and their carers are provided practical and emotional supports.
My areas of expertise are Emotional Intelliegence, Emotional Management, Relationships (Pre-marriage, Marriage, Family therapy and Conflict Resolution), Personal Development, Grief & Loss, Childhood Trauma and Self-image.
My Counselling Approaches:
I adopt an integrated approach, being insight oriented, cognitive behaviour oriented, person oriented and experiential oriented approaches. It includes BT, CBT, MBBT, ACT, Focusing Therapy, Person Centred Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Family Therapy, Complicated / Traumatic Grief Treatment.
My counselling philosophy:
- Everyone deserves to live better and enjoy life.
- Everyone has potential to make changes for their own benefit.
- It’s often best to tackle life challenges early on, before they have the chance to grow.
- I am fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Tweo-chow.
- Coming from an Asian background, I can easily engage with those that struggle with the cultural barrier.
- I am passionate in journeying people to make changes and to go on to live a more satisfying, productive and meaningful life.
- My life experiences.
I have run workshops on these topics – Boundary and Assertiveness, Communication Skills & Conflict Resolution, Emotional Management, Stress Management, Understanding your Emotions, The Impact of Family of Origin on Individuals Beliefs and Personality and Marriage Enrichment.