iCare Support Services
34 Aspen Circuit, Springvale VIC 3171
- Core – Assistance with Daily Life
- Core – Assistance with Social & Community Participation
- Daily Living Skills
- Finding and Keeping a Job
- Improved Living Arrangements
- Improved Relationships
- Increased Social and Community Participation
iCare are a boutique provider offering high quality supports and a tailored service.
At iCare we make things happen fast!
We provide the highest level of care and communication and seek regular feedback from our clients to ensure we are providing the best care possible. At iCare, its important to us for us to build a good rapport with our clients in order to assist us with providing the highest quality of care and support possible.
Our Support Coordinators will support you to understand and implement the funded supports in your plan and link you to community, mainstream and other government services.
They will help build your ability to exercise choice and control, to coordinate supports and access your local community.
- Understanding your NDIS plan and goals.
- Understanding what supports and services are funded by the NDIS.
- Provide information on what supports and services are available.
- Negotiate services and pricing to develop your budget that will last for the life of your plan.
- Link you in with your community.
- Develop your capacity to confidently manage your NDIS plan over time.
- Assist in report writing for review renewals and or new plans.
WHAT IS SIL?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is help with and/or supervising of daily tasks in a shared living environment, with a focus on developing the skills of each individual to live as independently as possible. The support is provided to each person living in the shared arrangement based on their support needs.
Assistance provided to a participant will be included as part of their plan depending on the level of support they require to live independently in the housing option of their choice.
SHORT TERM ACCOMMODATION
Short term breaks for people who need some time-out or a short holiday. Inclusive of all expenses. We offer Short Term Accommodation options to support you to the best of our ability whilst you are transitioning.
Find safety, security and high quality care at our short stay and respite sites for you or a loved one.
Holidays, planned breaks for carers – whatever reason you might need to plan short term stay, you can trust that our accommodation and services are of the highest standard.
IMPROVED DAILY LIVING
iCare can assistant you to develop the skills needed to improve hygiene, get ready for the day, manage your life, and travel independently, we can assist you to learn how to manage:
- Showering, dressing, and other personal care tasks
- Household tasks including cleaning and cooking
- Life skills including budgeting and meal planning
- Travel and transport, including using public transport
COMMUNITY NURSING CARE
If you need specialist nursing care relating to your disability, our registered nurses will come to your home to provide training to you, your carer, or our care staff to ensure that you have the skills and support you need to live independently at home.
If you require nursing that is not related to your disability, please contact us to discuss your needs.
Social & Community
SOCIAL & COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION
Support for people to engage in their community, attend social engagements or take part in recreational activities.
Assistance with Social and Community Participation (Support Category 4) is a funded support category that you may find in your NDIS plan, under Core Supports.
This funding also covers support for activities that are either centre-based or out in the community (e.g. to attend a craft/cooking group) at standard or higher intensity rates.
Under Assistance with Social and Community Participation, the NDIS may fund a support worker to support you to:
- attend personal development courses
- join a social group
- take an outing or a holiday
- go on a holiday camp
- visit your local library
- see a movie or a concert
- go to community events, and/or
- join a sporting club.